Thursday, January 26, 2012

Surprising finds....the joy of shifting!

It's amazing the things you find when you shift homes. My husband was going through the things in the garage that still had not been sorted and we found a photo frame belonging to my grandfather. In it were some wonderful old photos of my grandmother (whom I adored, and who had raised me alongside my mother who had to work, when she and my father split up), my mother and uncle as children, also my uncle as a young man, when he went off to England pursuing a career in the Speedway (motorbike racing). So after completing the frame I had done of Shaun with our granddaughter I started to work on these wonderful old photos. I already had the pages which I had bought at different times, so that was a good start. However, I didn't get them complete at Ann Craig's house the day we all met up, and last week I made myself pull them out and complete them. Here is the result, which I am so very pleased with. More to do, but it is a great start, I am feeling very inspired, hope you do to!!




This was my grandmother's wedding photo I have used in this layout.

I have used Kaisercraft Chanteuse Collection paper which I have layed over some embossed card stock, (I can't remember the name of this card stock), both of which I bought from Scrap n' Stuff @ Richardson. I have used my own stamped, coloured Layers of color flowers & butterfly, as well as flowers I bought from my friend Lovely Linda, lace from my friend Ann Craig, & some pink pearls.

Challenges I have entered this into are:

15 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card love your design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card and every thing is wonderful.I like your work and beautiful design. Flowers and butterflies are very cute.

    Plastic Card
    Plastic Card Printing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful frame work, love all your layering and details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous and elegant layout! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, so much to see, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!!! Love all the layering :-)Thanks for sharing this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout, really elegant. The flowers are just lovely. Thanks for playing along at the Paper Shelter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning, I love that image she is beautifully vintage...thanks for joining in with our Crafts and Me challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really great, thanks for sharing with us at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card, I love the details you've added. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW what an amazing LO, your grandmother certainly looked beautiful on her wedding day! I love her dress, so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at Crafts and me this week:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks amazing...!! wow... thanks for joinin Show Us Your Stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog see you soon!..:)