Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ann's back!!

This week saw the return of our friend and inspiring teacher Ann Craig, and scrapbooking nights at her place. As she had been away the first week of the month she decided to squeeze all the scrapbooking nights into one week instead of two, (not knowing of course, that her daughter was going to give birth this week to Ann's granddaughter!!). I managed to get to 2 of the nights. Wed night I popped over to get a page done for myself as I had invited 3 friends to come along on Thursday night and thought being their very first time I could free myself to help them....but they did really well and after the initial help I was able to leave them with Ann & do another page myself. I did a page each for Tristan & Carissa's wedding album and another page for their engagement album. This was the layout we had to inspire us:





The engagement page has I think the only photo of our dear neighbours of 17 years who we will be leaving shortly as we move. We will continue to have a relationship with them for sure, but will have to be more intentional in our relationship. It has been always very handy catching up over the fence, popping in when we can for a catch up or a meal. It has been like having mum & dad next door and we will really miss them. They have been crying since we told them we were moving so I guess they will miss us too!!


So here is my page from the wedding. The photos are of a couple of the tables at the reception with our some of our family and friends on it. Although Ann used circles and buttons on her bottom left corner, I decided being a wedding pic it lent itself to flowers and of course the Tim Holtz flourish (which my friend Kim from PaperArtsy can get at a great price)






So the next night I just basically did the same thing again. Different papers and added butterflies and less flowers. The engagement party was in the autumn here & at a place called Lennox Gardens down near the lake here in Canberra. It was really lovely. So I thought the colours were appropriate for the season.




16 comments:

  1. Wonderful pages! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pages you have made but the challenges at HeidisHobbystuggu is cards only. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely LO, I love the butterfly :) thank you for joining in with us over at CCW for our new challenge.

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet scrapbook pages! Love the swirls on the butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges!

    Cleota
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scrapbook pages are beautiful! I'm totally loving both of them! I'm so happy you shared them with us at Papercraft Star! I hope you will play along again next week too!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous LO's you did a great job with the sketch that was provided. Good luck with your move. Thanks for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet pages! Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi; Thnaks for amking me company in making an LO for this challenge at Crafty Ribbons!!! We're not many, since the mayority seems to have made cards, as I have seen so far...

    Anyway you have used your ribbons in a gorgeous way; I really like that striped ribbons with the big tie under the picture!

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous layout and love the addition of the pearls, thank you for sharing with us at the Emerald Faerie Garden
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS. I have some candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Flutterby Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous !
    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our, 'New' challenge. Good Luck !! Hope to see you back on 26th September :O)

    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous pages, so many memories. Love the little flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ribbons this time. Good luck.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful layouts! i absolutely adore your embossed butterflies. Thanks for joining us this week at Little Miss Muffet Challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at CCW!
    Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your layouts! The punched flowers are fantastic! Thank you for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These layouts are great memory keepers and your colour tones are fabulous.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog see you soon!..:)