Thursday, February 16, 2012

Third Scrapnight this month, but time for a change....a sea change maybe???/

Well after working on my original layout as seen in the last postfor 2 of the scrapbooking nights, I decided it would just do my own thing on the last one. I had one more photo from my childhood that I wanted to get done, so went to work on it. As my baby brother, David was wearing an outfit with a 'sailor' theme to it, I thought I would use that as the theme for my page. So using the beautiful Stampin' Up paper (Nautical Expedition) & stamp set (The Open Sea) (see Ann Craig Independent SU Consultant)
I set to work....here is the result!







The colours I have used are 'Not Quite Navy' & 'Soft Suede'. Again I raided my little supply of vintage charms and found the boat charm, which suited very well. The seam binding is also available from Stampin' Up  as are the stamp lettering. I distressed around the oval. Not my usual girlie page this time for my two brothers...lol!!!
 Some challenges I have entered into are:


7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Debby - I love the photo, what a precious memory to capture. Your DP and embellies are perfect! Your layouts are gorgeous my friend! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Debby, love the colours. Where is the oval from? Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. I also have candy on my blog HERE.

    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO Debby :-) the photo is lovely and the whole design is fabulous ! I love the vintage, nautical theme :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    please consider turning off word verification x x blogger has changed the format and made it very difficult to decifer x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful page. I love not quite navy and simply suede. Handsome family you have here. Thanks for joining us at Totally PaperCrafts Challenge this week. **Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the contrast of the photo with the colors you have chosen..


    Thanks for joining us at Little Darlings this week..
    hugs.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful scrap page - love your beautiful ribbon embellie! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great "one for the boys card". Thanks for joining us at HSC for our challenge

    Hugs Sarah x

    p.s. We have the new Tim Holtz Distress Markers on Pre Order.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog see you soon!..:)